Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Where Are You Christmas?

Good morning and Merry Christmas Eve to you all -

I have enjoyed posting a variety of Christmas songs on my facebook page. I have picked songs that I have felt signify Christmas to me. So, in the spirit of the Christmas season, I am putting two of my favorites here.

I think that my all-time favorite song is by Faith Hill from the Jim Carrey version of "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas." Faith, along with her husband, Tim McGraw, are two of my most favorite country singers. In a selection called, "Where Are You Christmas?" Faith powerfully tells us that Christmas is everywhere.



Another song that I have always loved and have played it so many times on the CD that it doesn't work, is from one of the first Christmas albums that I bought. For many years, my ex-husband and I belonged to a church that did not celebrate Christmas. So, after the church we belonged to seriously changed their doctrine and renounced it (about 1994), Greg and I began to celebrate Christmas again. It was a very special time and we made up for the 15 years or so that we did not celebrate the holiday. In the album that I bought by Michael Bolton, he and Wyonna Judd teamed up for a selection called, "This Is The Time." The video here is from the 1996 CMAs where they did a live performance of this song. It remains, to this day, one of my favorite seasonal song, which is powerful no matter when you listen to it.



Merry Christmas everyone!! The Amethyst Gordons and token Irish send their best wishes for a beautiful and joyous day to be spent with family and loved ones everywhere as well as a movie and popcorn!!

2 Comments:

Blogger AnneGero said...

The movie and popcorn were great but I enjoyed spending the day with you more that you know. Thanks, Peggy.
Mom

Thursday, December 25, 2008 11:50:00 PM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

You're more than welcome, Mom. It was a GREAT day and Friday was even fun too.

I think it was a wonderful holiday time.

Love,
Peggy :)

Monday, December 29, 2008 8:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home