Monday, December 17, 2007

Divorce-ary 2007

I had heard a friend mention that she referred to the anniversary of her divorce as a "divorce-ary."

Today, for me, is divorce-ary #3. It was 3 years ago today that I ended a 22+ year marriage. While the past three years have been exciting, challenging, sad, lonely and different, this marks a milestone in my life that means something to me.

I have most recently been reading a book entitled, "The Power of Now," by Eckhart Tolle. It's a book on spiritual enlightenment that was suggested to me by the person I had the most recent date with. I'll provide more info on that....but..it's nothing to write home about..I so want to write a book on, "How Not to Date...at 48."

Eckhart Tolle's book tells the reader how there only is the "now." The past and the future are the mind's way of causing us pain. While the book is actually very good and interesting to read; it took me back to college days and some of my philosophy courses and religion classes. While those are the "past" I do believe that to get to the "now" we have to have the past to make us who we are or who we have become. I'm not sure that it's truly Tolle's take on life and spiritual enlightenment.

2007 was a highly successful year for me with my dogs. The photos shown here were taken by my friend, Carol Ervin, Kalamazoo, Michigan with a Canon E0S20. The running shot (one of my faves) is River making his final "go-round" before the judge selected him as the Best in Show Speciality winner. The other photo that Carol captured shows that "ribbon" that I won and how truly exciting a moment this was for me as a dog show owner, handler and breeder (I did not breed River, but I do breed other Gordons...)





River had such a list of accolades....I may make that a different post...but this speciality was one of those highlights.

What was accomplished in 2007 is truly something to be proud of.

To all of my canine and emotional support people along the way, thank you all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home