Monday, January 21, 2008

A Perpetual Snowglobe?


This is my first post of 2008....sorry about that...I got busy doing lots and lots of things....

(1) I recovered from pneumonia. I think I'm feeling back to normal and am glad that is behind me.

(2) Saw lots of movies between Christmas and New Year's. More on that later...perhaps a post about some of the movies I've seen.

(3) Been busy with the dogs and a couple shows already. Puppy Drifter got Best in Puppy Sweepstakes at the North Country Gordon Setter Club, Inc., show the first weekend of January as well as a couple Reserve Winners Dog awards at the Oshkosh/Winnegamie Shows the following weekend.



We have been in the deep freeze here in Wisconsin. However, despite that, we have gotten close to 7" of snow today. I was driving around in it going from here to Lomira to collect River for a breeding in NC.

Enjoy the photos that I took tonight.....the perpetual snowglobe......Beautiful...isn't it?

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Winnegamie? Did Winnebago and Outagamie Counties merge?

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 9:19:00 AM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Are you coming for a visit to NC while you're pimping the pup?

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 9:21:00 AM  
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Hey Ruth -

It still is Winnebago County, but I suspect that two counties comboed the name Winnegamie...as you suggest. I'll have to inquire about that.

The dog, River, has been collected, swimmers on the microscope showing ADHD swimmers with tons of motility.....and a count of 1.29Billion parts. This indicates that his collection of semen is sufficient for a 120-pound male dog. River is only 75.8 pounds.

So...not planning to pimp him to NC....FedEx delivered the goods and
hopefully the surgicial/fresh chilled insemination will take place in Mooresville, NC today.

I probably will come out when the pups are bigger....at least I hope so.

I am a new member of the Board of Directors for the Gordon Setter Club of America and I have to attend two face-to-face meetings a year and one may be in California or Minnesota in May.

Anyway....keep your fingers crossed for lots of baby Gordons in North Carolina in March!!

Peggy :)

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

You better be here, then. Check out new airline Skybus.com. They have 10 $10 fares on each flight, and they're flying direct from Chicago [well, Gary, IN] to Greensboro in the middle of March.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 4:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home