Monday, May 04, 2009

Four Score - May 4, 1929

May 4, 1929 my dad, Bob Gero, was born. Had he lived, he would have celebrated his 80th birthday today.

My thoughts have been on Dad today as he starts the May birthday tradition in our family.

Dad started it out, followed by my sister, Mary, on the 6th, followed now by nephew Zeke (grandson) on May 8th and my former mother-in-law on May 10th, followed by me on May 15 and my brother, Paul, on May 16. The story goes as told by Dad, that Mom was trying to get both Paul and me on the same b-day. Good thing for both of us that we each have our own day *grin*

When I share that May birthday thing with everyone, the comment is always the same...that's a lot of Tauruses and perhaps a lotta bull.

My phone rang this morning, bright and early....about 5:30 a.m. and no one was on the line. The caller ID said, private call. Hmmmmm.....maybe Dad was up with the birds celebrating this day.

Thank you, Dad, for all the love and memories.

You were the best dad anyone could ever had. I give thanks for your presence in my life even after leaving your physical body as well as for the things you taught me when you were here. Your presence is always felt....so Happy 80th, Dad!!

Love,

Peggy :)

3 Comments:

Blogger sueh said...

What a precious thing to have a dear papa!!

An early Happy Birthday to you!!

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Peg: You and Sue are the same age as Kathie and me. Why don't you get together for hot chocolate next time you're in Door County? You'd like each other.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009 1:28:00 PM  
Blogger sueh said...

sounds good to me!!!!!!

Thursday, May 07, 2009 12:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home