Tuesday, May 19, 2009

287 HUG 5:29 AM - What do they mean?

I have been reading and studying many books.

Yesterday, I picked up an incredibly powerful and positive book called, "When God Winks At You" by SQuire Rushnell. For those of you who don't know who he is, he is a TV producer extraordinaire that was responsible for some important shows like "Conjunction Junction." I can still hear my younger sibling singing that song. If you'd like to read more about SQuire, please check out his web site.

Yesterday, I purchased the book. Today I began to read the book and read the book. I cannot seem to put it down.

I had a most excellent day today....from a short work day to watching and sharing time with puppy buyers and breeder friends as we hunt-evaluated puppies out of MacE x Flame (see my website). I also picked up a book for a good friend who was "looking" for something and I found it for it. That was cool. I attended the 8th grade graduation of my friend, Laurie's daughter. It was very nice and it's amazing to me how much Krista has grown up.

After I was done, I went to Culver's and sat and ate dinner and read my book. In the book, SQuire talks about "godwinks" which are little messages that God provides us showing us that he is around. They happen everywhere in our lives and are often those unexplained, or often coincidences. One of the stories in the book was that God allows us hugs when we need them. The examples in the book were great and empowering.

When I left Culver's, I looked at the car parked in the stall right as I walked out....the license plate was 287-HUG. And...the car was a black Ford Escape, with tan interior, which is one of the vehicles I am looking at as a replacement for my current car.

On May 4, my dad would have turned 80. On that day, I know I received a godwink.....my house phone rang at 5:29 a.m. on May 4. When I checked the caller ID the next day, it dawned on me the significance of that time: Dad was born on May (the 5th month) and in the year 1929 (:29 minutes past 5 when the phone rang). The call was identified a Private Caller.

God is everywhere....if we look around.

Enjoy the beauty of spring...it's all around, too!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home